File A Claim
If you need to file a claim, locate your insurance policy number and report the loss directly to your insurance carrier
as soon as safely possible. If you are unsure of your carrier
or policy number, refer to your policy documents or contact us
for assistance. If you do not have your carrier’s contact information, reference our directory of carriers
for an extensive list or let us know if we can further assist.
Dealing with the unexpected can be stressful and inconvenient to say the least. As your insurance agent and advocate, should you experience a loss, our team will be here to provide you with meaningful guidance and to help ensure that your claim is handled as quickly and efficiently as possible with the carrier.
TAKING NEXT STEPS
We are concerned about the safety and well-being of any individual involved in an accident, although this is especially true when it comes to our clients. In situations where losses are recoverable and damages can be repaired, the best part of our job is the great honor of helping our customers leverage their insurance coverage and start working toward their return to “normalcy.”
MORE TIPS ON FILING CLAIMS
In addition to having your policy number and carrier contact information ready, we recommend taking the below steps when handling claims to help facilitate a smooth process and receive the fastest response time available.
- Always find safety and seek medical attention first if needed.
- If you suffer property damage, report the loss directly to your insurance carrier as soon as possible. You will receive the fastest response time if the loss is reported directly to the carrier first.
- Be sure to provide a valid email address and phone number where you can be reached if this differs from the information on file with your policy. Remember, you may not have access to all the devices or phone lines that you normally would.
- If it is safe to do so, take pictures of the damage to document and include with your claim’s file.
- Save receipts for any supplies purchased related to repairs, as well as hotel and restaurant expense receipts if you have to temporarily relocate.
For proactive advice on how to prepare your household or business for unexpected events and accidents, contact us for help with affordable insurance options, and check out our Readiness Tools page for other ideas!