Homeowners Insurance Information
Homeowners Insurance - North Carolina • South Carolina
Serving Wilmington, Jacksonville, Newport, Lexington, Summerville & surrounding communities.
Homeowners insurance is an essential way to protect our homes and property value. Most mortgage lenders require insurance to finance a home, while coverage helps owners manage the risks that come with investments of this size and significance. Policies offer financial assistance with costly home repairs when unexpected damage from hazards like severe weather, fire, sudden burst pipes, and theft occur. They will also replace a homeowner's belongings should resulting property damage or loss take place.
Homeowners insurance is available for many different types of homes, including primary and secondary residences, coastal properties, mobile homes, and rental property. Sheally Insurance Group offers a wide range of home insurance products backed by the industry’s top-performing carriers. You can count on our team to help accurately determine your coverage needs, shop the market for competitive rates, and clearly explain your options alongside our recommendations. We provide long-term support to our clients as well, including help with policy changes, ongoing account maintenance, and claims assistance.
What does a typical homeowners insurance policy include?
- Dwellings coverage insures the house itself against fire, theft, and other specific types of sustained damage.
- Personal property insurance replaces your belongings like furnishings and clothing.
- Other Structures coverage pays for repairs to items like storage sheds, fences, detached garages, and swimming pools.
- Wind and Hail coverage protects your home from damage sustained from wind and hail. Wind and hail coverage is not included with some homeowners insurance policies in specified areas. In those cases, we would obtain wind and hail coverage through a separate policy or recommend a product that includes wind and hail for your home.
- Liability coverage is a standard component of your policy designed to help protect you from accident related expenses such as medical bills, settlements, and legal fees in case someone is injured at your home, or if you cause a third-party harm or property damage. Policies usually cover at-fault mistakes occurring both on and off your property.
- Loss of Use insurance helps pay for hotel bills and dining costs until you are able to move back home if a damaging event forces you to vacate your home.
- Formulas are used to determine and insure a total loss if a home sustains damages beyond repair.
Additional Coverage Options to Consider
Your homeowners policy can also extend tailored insurance coverage for scheduled item endorsements such as expensive jewelry, heirlooms, and fine art collections. Purchasing a personal umbrella policy can also be beneficial to provide more liability coverage in addition to what's included with your homeowners insurance package.
Flood insurance is not included in most homeowners insurance policies. However, every homeowner should consider adding flood coverage regardless of where their home is located or how likely it is technically rated to flood. Heavy precipitation, overflows, and storms causing financially devastating flood damage to your property can happen anywhere, anytime. According to FEMA, more than 20% of flood insurance claims come from outside high-risk areas. For these reasons, in most cases, we feel the value of flood insurance coverage is worth the additional cost in order to avoid the risk of expensive, unexpected flood loss.
Ready to get started?
Shopping for home insurance can be a great experience! Contact Sheally today to get started!
Let's Get Started
How Often Should I Review my Homeowners Insurance Coverage?
It's best to keep your agent in the loop about any upgrades made to the home and to shop the marketplace often, especially as your circumstances change. For example, a new roof or security system could save you some money, while adding an additional room to your home without updating the policy could leave you underinsured if something unexpected were to happen.
TOGETHER IS BETTER
Homeowners often save money by combining their home insurance with other insurance purchases like an auto, boat, or life insurance policy. Bundling opportunities are absolutely out there! Sheally agents can help you find the smartest ways to save!